Vitamins for horses
Vitamin supplements can be one way to give your horse all the vitamins and minerals it needs. It is always good to rely on a varied and balanced diet. But additional supplements ensure that your horse always receives the right amount of vitamins and minerals.
Showing all 10 results
What do vitamin supplements do for a horse?
Vitamins are essential nutrients for a horse to function. The healthiest way to get enough vitamins is through a balanced diet with the right food.
Horses that train intensively, are ill or are aging benefit from supplementing the vitamin supply. This can be done easily with the help of the right vitamin supplements. Help your horse get the right nutrients.
Different types of horse vitamins
There are different types of vitamins that contribute to the health of the horse. There are water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins. Water-soluble vitamins (such as vitamin B or C) are not stored in the horse’s body and must therefore be replenished regularly.
- Vitamin A is a vitamin that comes in through food. A deficiency of vitamin A can result in problems with a horse’s bones, muscles, coat and eyes, among other things.
- Vitamin B is not stored in the body and therefore a horse must get enough of it. Vitamin B helps support the nervous system, digestion and immune system, among other things.
- Vitamin C can be topped up with supplements in some cases. Sufficient vitamin C contributes to the immune system and tissue repair.
- Vitamin D is produced, just like in humans, after exposure to sunlight. In foals, vitamin D is important for skeletal development and remains important in adult horses in connection with bone formation and bone structure.
- A horse receives vitamin E through food. The vitamin supports, among other things, the immune system and muscle function. In horses that have problems with muscles, it may therefore be wise to supplement this with supplements.
Choose the right vitamin supplements for your horse
Vitamin supplements for horses are available in various forms. Think of powder and liquids. Some supplements contain only specific vitamins, while others contain a combination of vitamins.
Does my horse need extra vitamins?
Whether your horse needs extra vitamins depends on several factors, such as your horse’s diet, age, health status, training intensity and other environmental factors. If your horse has a balanced diet, a supplement will not be necessary very often.
In addition, some supplements may also contain other nutrients, such as minerals and herbs. This can be helpful, but it is important to know what nutrients the horse needs and in what amounts so that the total intake does not become too high.
Buy vitamin supplements for horses at Sportpaardenarts
At Sportpaardenarts we have a wide range of supplements for horses that give your horse a vitamin boost. Do you think you see symptoms of vitamin deficiency in your horse? Please contact us directly and we will be happy to help you!