The equine veterinarian
Thibault Frippiat is a certified equine veterinarian, with experience in supporting and treating (Olympic) sport horses. His field of work ranges from internal medicine to orthopedics, with expertise in the airways, heart, gastric ulcers and exercise physiology (muscles). As a certified prepurchase equine veterinarian he performs vettings for sport but also internationally and for studbooks.
This multilingual equine veterinarian graduated from the University of Liege (Belgium) and developed further his knowledge for sports medicine at the same university, at Purdue University (USA) and CIRALE (France). He also graduated at Focus on the Equine Spine as a horse chiropractor.
Since 2013 he has his own practice in the Netherlands. He examines and treats horses in his clinic or at home throughout the Netherlands and abroad (in particular Belgium, France and Germany).
Especially when the cause of a problem is not entirely clear, or when a horse is not well for no apparent reason, Thibault Frippiat is at its best. Through thorough, broad examinations, he continues until he has the correct diagnosis. Only if you really find out what is going on, you can treat it adequately.
Thibault Frippiat is registered in the following registers
- Approved equine veterinarian (Stichting Paard)
- Approved inspection veterinarian for horses (Stichting Paard)
- Central Quality Register of Veterinarians (CKRD)
- FEI Permitted Treating Veterinarian (FEI)
- FEI passport consultant
- I&R horse vet in the Netherlands and in Belgium
- Member of the KNMvD (Royal Dutch Society for Veterinary Medicine)
PUBLICATIONS FOR HORSE OWNERS [in Dutch]
- 2023 – Cornage: noise and lack of air
- 2022 – Safe use of needles in horses
- 2022 – A horse should not cough
- 2022 – Veterinary specializations in the field of horses
- 2021 – Do’s and don’ts about blankets
- 2021 – The fact check 13 statements about a nosebleed
- 2020 – West Nile virus emerges in the Netherlands
- 2020 – Are horses made for top sport?
- 2020 – DNA testing in breeding choices
- 2020 – Equine asthma
- 2020 – Diagnosis of respiratory problems in horses
- 2020 – Respiratory tract of the horse and common respiratory problems
- 2020 – Outbreak of contagious disease in the stable
- 2019 – Vaccinate more frequently against influenza and EHV
- 2019 – Treatment of airway disorders | Aerosol therapy in horses
- 2019 – Care for healthy airways
- 2019 – The fact check 15 statements about vaccination
- 2018 – Airway disorders: be on time
- 2018 – Everything you need to know about … fever
- 2017 – Bloody nose with your horse: now what?
- 2017 – Gastric ulcers in horses: prevention is better than cure!
- 2013 – The poorly performing horse
- 2011 – Equine Infectious Anemia | Equine viral arteritis | Equine Influenza
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS FOR VETERINARIANS
- Effect of gait on, and repeatability of, heart rate and heart rate variability measurements in exercising Warmblood dressage horses
- Airway Hyperresponsiveness, but Not Bronchoalveolar Inflammatory Cytokines Profiles, Is Modified at the Subclinical Onset of Severe Equine Asthma
- In vitro virucidal activity of nebulized citrate-complexed silver nanoparticles against equine herpesvirus-1 and murine norovirus
- Measuring heart rate variability using a heart rate monitor in horses (Equus caballus) during groundwork
- Accuracy of a heart rate monitor for calculating heart rate variability parameters in exercising horses
- Evaluation of the Bactericidal Effect of Nebulized Silver Nanoparticles on Common Respiratory Bacteria in Horses–In Vitro Studies
- Prevalence of respiratory pathogens in nasal swabs from horses with acute respiratory disease in Belgium
- Comparison of track and treadmill dynamic endoscopy in sport horses
- 2011, University of Liege (MSc): Methacholine bronchoprovocation test in horses: relationship with lower airway inflammation
- 2010, University of Liege (DVM): Diagnostic of upper respiratory tract dynamic obstructions: comparison of overground and high-speed treadmill endoscopy in the saddle horse
Congress and Presentations
- 2023 | ECVSMR congress: Gastroscopy findings and faecal blood test in active dressage horses with clinical signs suggestive of equine gastric ulcers
2023 | VvDB Academy: Aerosol therapy in horses
- 2023 | KNMvD Jong Cluster Paard: The veterinary aspects of horse training
- 2022 | ICEEP congress: In vitro virucidal effect of nebulized silver on equine herpesviurs 1 and murine norovirus
- 2022 | ICEEP congress: Effect of gait on time-domain heart rate variability parameters in exercising Warmblood horses
- 2020 | Boehringer Continuing Education: Updates on Equine Asthma
- 2018 | ECEIM congress: In vitro bactericidal activity of nebulized silver on equine common respiratory bacteria
- 2012 | European Veterinary Conference Voorjaarsdagen: Methacholine bronchoprovocation test: a useful ancillary test for diagnosis of hyperresponsiveness in horses?
- 2009 | World Equine Airways Symposium: Upper Airway Dynamic Endoscopy: Are Track and Treadmill Observations Comparable?